Monday, April 22, 2024

Wallets, Mobiles Stolen During BJP Candidate's Ramayan Roadshow

A Meerut businessman raised both his hands and chanted the Jai Shri Ram slogan as a BJP roadshow featuring Ramayan stars crossed his shop. The downside: he lost Rs 36,000 as someone from the crowd picked his pocket.

Along with the businessman, Kulbhushan, a dozen people, including some journalists, and a BJP leader were mugged and mobiles were stolen during the roadshow.

"Jai Siyaram my dear ones of Meerut. Today, Sita, Ram and Laxman who acted in Ramayana, will be among you from 3:00 onwards at Nandan Cinema Kailashpuri, New Road, Shastri Nagar, Surajkund, to have your darshan. I will be fulfilled by seeing you all," Arun Govil, of Ramayan fame, BJP's Meerut candidate posted on X.

The roadshow featured his other co-stars from the iconic show - Dipika Chikhlia, who played Sita, and Sunil Lahri, who essayed the role of Lakshman.

"I was at sitting at my shop. I raised my hands and chanted Jai Shri Ram. There was a big crowd. As I got back and searched my pocket, there was no money. I fainted right there. I lost Rs 36,000," said a crestfallen Kubhushan.

Businessman who lost Rs 36,000 during the roadshow

Businessman who lost Rs 36,000 during the roadshow

 Police have detained at least 3 people and are questioning them

An investigation is underway. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monitor ICU Brain Deaths For Better Organ Donation Rate: Centre To States

The Centre has asked states to monitor cases of brain stem deaths in ICU patients, saying poor identification and certification of such case...